- #: 223849
- Price: $1.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Photography
- Updated: 2008-11-28
- Current Version: 1.01
- Size: 0.20 MB
- Language: English, Japanese
- Seller: Big Canvas Inc.
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.0 or later
- © 2008 Big Canvas Inc., 2008 alphablend inc.
Add to Favorite apps
PhotoArtist is a simple, affordable tool allowing anyone to create dynamic artwork from photos with his/her iPhone. Using the simple four step program outlined below anyone with an iphone can be an artist –Step 1. Pick a photo from your library (or…..
Rated 1/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Not worth it.
I was greatly dissappointed. I was hoping for effects similar to the cartoonized commercials I see on t.v. Only two filters are remotely useful; cartoon & pen/ink. The others are a waste. I deleted the app! Comments from people I took pics of using cartoon filter.. "That's cool, but it looks like I have skin cancer!" If it's .99c get it, you'll be slightly amused, then forget about using it and eventually delete it. It could be better if there were a 'slide' to adjust the amount of detail vs only have 4 finished images to choose from. Some of them are hideous! There are no adjustments to smooth effects. I'd keep looking...
So Good, Yet So Small
The app has six filters, three of which can yeild amazing results, especially with photos that have a good mix of colors or light sources. The downside is that the final image is much smaller than the original, with minimal JPEG quality.
- Three great filters: illustration, cartoon, watercolor (in that order for me, with watercolor being a distant third)
- Very easy to use
- Image size and quality
- Last three filters (mono, pen, halftone) of little value
- More basic editing features (I don't want to rely on other apps since they may further damage image size and quality)
One last thought... I'd be willingto pay for an upgrade if it maintained image size and quality ;)
Looks nothing like preview- not worth theits not alot but would like refund-they need to update-going 2 delete
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes